NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tonights second attempt M45

Anweniel

Yes a field flattener is in order, reigning in the spending before christmas hits though! Lol. Sorry Gina, its 4x10min subs and1x5min. I have 5x 7.5mins from the other night when the guiding wasn't too hot. 7x matching darks and 23x flats.

Sorry Gina, its 4x10min subs and1x5min. I have 5x 7.5mins from the other night when the guiding wasn't too hot. 7x matching darks and 23x flats.
Thanks :) I think you could do with more darks as well as more lights. Then you should get a very nice image. Good going so far :)

You're right on both counts Gina, my shutter release is a manual one, so taking darks is a bit of a chore so must admit I do try and get away with as few as possible! It's a bit lazy I know. Really im just happy to get a nice bit of nebula with this target but I shall get more data when I can. Thanks for the kind comments everyone :)

Its something I have thought about before but never really got round to, another complication to add to the mix I guess. Really I like to tackle things one at a time so now I am used to using the new mount and autoguiding I should really think about moving on so another improvement. Thanks for the heads up its a good idea and yeah I have the laptop running PHD out there so should be ok to drop BYE on it.

Archived