Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First image of Jupiter this season

ejwwest

Looks pretty good. A touch too much gain, perhaps?

James

Thanks. I was trying to maximise the frame rate at around 60 fps but maybe I need to optimise around differemt settings. I'm still trying to get the hang of the various camera settings and the stacking and image processing software. Hence the colours and the artefacts on the image may be someway away from objective reality! But the detail seems to be vastly better than at the tail end of last season when I'd just bought the DFK and Jupiter was a smaller object. I'll keep trying over the next few weeks assuming the weather isn't as wet as it has been since April!

Thanks. I was trying to maximise the frame rate at around 60 fps but maybe I need to optimise around differemt settings. I'm still trying to get the hang of the various camera settings and the stacking and image processing software. Hence the colours and the artefacts on the image may be someway away from objective reality! But the detail seems to be vastly better than at the tail end of last season when I'd just bought the DFK and Jupiter was a smaller object. I'll keep trying over the next few weeks assuming the weather isn't as wet as it has been since April!

Yes, the current weather doesn't really lend itself to much experimentation :(

James

Try RGB align in R6 and that should help to remove the red and blue offset on the edge of the moon and planet.

I did try that in R6 (the "estimate" function anyway) and it really messed things up! At midnight I wasn't too keen on too much playing around, but will try again.

Archived