Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astrofest 2013

fredster

I wonder if i could get some help with regards Astrofest. I wanted to take a along my kids and have a day out at Astrofest. They are both senior school age now and have an interest in astronomy. And I see Prof Brian Cox is confirmed as a speaker, who they'd both like to see very much. But at the moment the order of speakers hasn't been released, however i guess Brian will be the main pull and so will get a Saturday slot. But which one? Morning or afternoon? I can't afford to book two sessions each, that would be £90. And i daren't leave it as it will sell out.

Can anyone remember which slot they gave Brian in 2010?

Thanks Michael. Well it looks like a 50/50 chance of getting it right....hmm which do i go with? Its gonna be wrong which ever choose but the morning fits better with our plans, so the Saturday morning session it is. :)

Saturday morning might make most sense as it allows him to signs things in the afternoon, and for AN it gets people in.

Looking at the conference topics I cannot really seee anything I am interested in as a "must see".

The measurement of the Hubble Const looks slightly interesting and the Nick Risinger milky way imaging could be interesting. After that nothing I can work up any interest for.

I note it is Brian Cox and Robin Ince, who are the presenters off the wonderful Infinite Monkey Cage. I imagine the session may well be based on that.

For those of you that haven't caught TIMC, the episodes should be available still as podcasts at the BBC.

Archived