NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M33 - Halfway done

ianaiken

I promised myself I wouldn't post images until I had all the data I wanted to get, but I need a bit help with processing and I am trying to learn so that when I do get all the data I can actually do something with it and produce an image!

So, I've had a look at some tutorials for processing in PI and I have also watched a couple of Harrys videos again. I've did a basic amount of processing on this image at the moment consisting of DBE (a bit not a lot), ACDNR and Histogram Transformation on the RGB (which came from the QHY8L) and for the L data from the Atik I did HIST, HDR and ACDNR. I know there is so much more I can after reviewing Harry's videos so I will go back to it again in a few mins time. I combined using LRGB process in PI.

Now, I have some Ha data too, but it is very noisy because I don't have sufficient subs to reduce it (still capturing them). When I come to combine the Ha with the LRGB do I use the same LRGB method or are there other ways? No doubt a million other ways!

Can anyone recommend a good workflow for processing LRGB?

post-15076-0-91151700-1352237364_thumb.j

Archived