Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

W/C 5th November

swamp thing

As it happens my streetlights just broke so dark site has come to me ;-)

I bet you won't be in a rush to report it either ;)

I'm coming home from work a bit late to go up to RC tonight, so I will probably be in my back garden as well.

A good night here too once the cloud cleared. Got some images of Jupiter but suffered with dew on the scope and cold (me!). Strangely enough, I've take the same images of Jupiter with a smaller scope and they came out better. It's like the extra aperture made it too bright? More experimenting required :)

Hi did think of it but was set up in garden by 9. There was loads dew out, been up there previously and completely misted over in those conditions. Clouds were bit temperamental around 8 but seemed to clear up later on and was really clear above around zenith , though the moisture made near horizon viewing bad. Did you get out in the end? Catch up next time hopefully

I too did the garden thing but was hindered by really bad dew. I borrowed the wifes hairdryer and cleared it slowly and it didn't really come back until I was ready to call it a night.

How did you find the seeing? I tried to do a star test with a mind to tweaking the collimation but the atmosphere seemed really bubbly.

The forecast did look clear for tonight but looking this morning it isn't so good :(

hmmm, just happened to break hey......nothing to do with you was it? :evil: lol

Scott

If i did break it, i'd do a proper job :evil: some nights its on, some nights breaks and is off, guess the bulb is old - prob best that way as makes other people think its ok when on, if permanently off someone would report it and would be back to every night of bright light. Some of the tape is still on it from when council covered it up so will live with that for now. If/when move home will def consider a dark garden next time :smiley:

Archived