NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Unbridled Joy!

budski

Today my local Council (South Somerset) have just cut back an extremely tall White Poplar tree - giving me back my south-west vista.

Joy!!

All that remains is for my local Council to obtain a Weather Control Machine to banish the rain-bearing clouds coming from the south-west.

It can't be too much to ask, can it?

I have a poplar tree at the end of the field I usually observe from. It's not a massive obstruction, but it is the tallest thing around. Unfortunately that end of the field has a tree preservation order on it, so giving it a prune would be a bit naughty. I have a feeling that the TPO is actually intended to protect a stand of elms which the poplar is in fact stunting, but there you go. On the plus side, Western Power came around recently asking if they could trim the poplar to keep it away from their 11kV supply lines. They have some sort of exemption where TPOs exist, so I was up there trying to persuade them to take off everything they possibly could :)

James

Archived