NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Shed Weights?

Drakester

Afternoon All,

I'm in the final planning stages for a roll-off shed (i.e. a wooden shed on castors/rails rolling clear of the pier when in use, rolling back over the pier when not in use)

Does anyone have a ballpark idea of how much an average 6'x6' or 7'x5' pent shed would weigh?

If I decide to go down the castor route i'll need to factor the shed weight into the type of castor purchased.

Cheers.

I can only go by softwood gates i have made in the past, 6' by '6 single gate 1½ cwt each, your shed won't have the bracing that a gate will have but you have 4 sides and a roof so i would go 3-4cwt to be on the safe side so, as Helen typed something designed for heavy loads....don't skimp because if they stop working, you stop viewing.....

Thanks for the replies guys. I approached a shed manufacturer too, and they have just got back to me with 183kg for a 7x5' which confirms the 3-4 cwt too.

Helen - thanks for the gate rail advice too. I've found some kit on barrier-components.co.uk which looks interesting...

Cheers.

Archived