Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pesky Lights & Clouds

tich

mine is double thickness garden weed material - about £15-20 per roll and I think I used two rolls for three longish lengths. worth it though. you could make one quadruple thickness maybe from one roll by the looks of it. mine is on washing lines hanging via hooks. plan some sort of weighting system as the breeze plays havoc. note to self - practise what you preach.

Good stuff Shane. I guess hanging it across a length of washing line is even cheaper/easier then buying plastic piping (to make a frame). Good tip there about weighing down the bottom of it so the wind does not blow it around. I have a neighbour with a pesky security light behind my house. In the summer its not a problem because the trees block the light, but in winter when her trees are bare.............it is a BIT of an issue. I could do with hanging one across my garden in winter to block the light which seems to come on every 10 mins and stays on for about 15 mins.

Do you have any pics of it in situ?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The shade sounds like a good idea although the only downside is the size of my garden so I'd need a lot of material to make one as it lights up pretty much all of it..

if you can block the light path further up the garden and then move to one side then this might prevent the light getting to where you image?

Paul - I'll upload some images of the final version in due course - am at Peak Star Party this weekend though so will be next week.

Archived