Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSLR on Mount

Kenza

Hi, i don't know if this topic should be in this section but here goes.

I want to attach my Canon 550d + EF 70-300mm L lens on an EQ6 Syntrek (just the camera, without the scope). What do i need? I presume I can buy a ball head but is that all?

Should work fine Bern at MA sells a ready-made dovetail with 1/4" camera screw already mounted for convenience ;)http://www.modernast...ml#accDovetails

That's the one i have but to be honest i could have saved quite a bit buying a multi holed dovetail from Astroboot and a 1/4" whitworth bolt. But if you want something ready made and looks good, i recommend this from Bern.

That's the one i have but to be honest i could have saved quite a bit buying a multi holed dovetail from Astroboot and a 1/4" whitworth bolt. But if you want something ready made and looks good, i recommend this from Bern.

I made one, its easy to do and cheap.

I got the photo dovetail from Bern too, and have a little tip - get some adhesive rubber or similar and stick it on it for extra grip. Ok, I was trying to hang 3kg of lens off one of those, and it kept twisting off until I put the rubber on it for extra grip. I didn't use a ball head though, just aim it as you would a scope, unless you really need rotation for framing. Assuming that lens doesn't have a matching tripod ring.

I got the photo dovetail from Bern too, and have a little tip - get some adhesive rubber or similar and stick it on it for extra grip. Ok, I was trying to hang 3kg of lens off one of those, and it kept twisting off until I put the rubber on it for extra grip. I didn't use a ball head though, just aim it as you would a scope, unless you really need rotation for framing. Assuming that lens doesn't have a matching tripod ring.

Good point. you need something like rubber to give a bit of compression agaist which the weight of the camera can work.

Archived