Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Veil Nebula , 8th October 2012.

Steve Ward

Got this last night before the fog descended , first time I've had a go at it , never seen it visually so pleased to end up with an image of my own . . .

14 x 240s subs with the Synguider out of it's box for the first time this year , works well , just need to see how far I can push it now . . .

A quick initial tweak in the back end of DSS and then a lot of "uneducated tinkering" in Gimp . . . . :p

Nice to see that the new F/F does what it says on the tin , just need to figure out star control and all that masking and layer stuff next . . . :rolleyes:

Spent a while trying to get rid of the "noise" at the bottom until I realised that most of it is nebulosity . . . . Doh !

Veil1P.png

1000D + ED80 Pro + F/F + Synguider through 70/500 Guidescope.

14 x 4 minutes + darks @ ISO 800 , DeepSkyStacker , Gimp.

That's worked out very nicely.

Did you use a clip in filter ? There seems to be a touch of reflection round the very bright stars. If you did, and now can see it, then you can process out a bit.

Below left is packed with faint nebulosity. Over all it's very flat too. Nice.

Dave.

Very nice :) You've picked up the OIII nebulosity very well :) If you can get rid of the colour "correction" filter in the camera you'll get the red Ha nebulosity as well.

Thanks peeps ,

I didn't have any filter in use here, I sometimes use an LP but not this time.

I may well get a S/H body to modify at some point but as I do a lot of everyday photography as well I shall leave this one as standard.

I know the limitations of an unmodded DSLR but I also know where to draw the line kit wise . . . . saving for a Mak180Pro so every penny counts at the moment . .

Steve.

Archived