NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lens cleaning

So I have only been into star gazing since feb this year but now have 3 telescopes and a EQ5 motorised mount. In collecting these 2 of which were secondhand I have accumilated a boxfull of EP and 3 barlows + 2 90 diag and even a 2" 90 diag . My question to all of much knowledge out there is how do you and what do you use to keep these EP and diags clean and dust free as I have noticed while using some EP's what appears to look like a microscope slide of tiny objects . These soon disappear when focused in but they can not help if they are something that can be removed. I have cleaned some of them but feel if anything is still there it may be right in the edge of the eye rubber etc. Any ideas whould be helpful. Jay

Jay, I clean my ep and camera optics the same way.. use a rocket blower to remove the loose stuff, then a careful application of Baader Optical Wonder fluid. Works a treat. I don't clean the objective lenses of my scopes very often though, I think in that time, I've probably only done it the once.

So many thanks for your advice. I found the Baaarder fluid on the internet for £10 . Hopfully the EP's that have come from other backgrounds will have a birthday bath soon and be showing off their new found vision. Jay

Archived