Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How long does Autostakkert2 take?

Bizibilder

I'm processing some sunspot .avi's using Autostakkert2 and it is taking an age! 2000frame .avi's around 200 AP's (automatically placed in a grid) of size=50, stacking 15% - which I reckon is best 300 frames. All the various processes like align etc are taking around 20-30 seconds but the stack is taking an hour!! Is this normal or am I missing something? Thanks - I've got 14 of them to do!!!

I found AS!2 struggles with my solar images, either introducing artefacts or taking a long time. I gave up with it for solar in the end. I tend to try it now only if both versions of Registax have let me down.

James

As a thought, monitor system memory while running and see if you're running out. I just had a look at it, and it seems to have an option for buffering: on or off. With it on, and doing a quick stack, it took up about 2.5GB for a 1.2GB file. That could be a problem on your system! But if I turn buffering off, the maximum memory usage was about 0.5GB, which should be a lot easier to swallow. Worth giving that option a look?

Archived