Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lumenera SKYnyx

FarSide

Hi guys, a quick question, is there any British retailers selling these cameras? I cannot find one anywhere for love nor money.

We tried but their UK distribution channel did not seem interested in the astronomy side of the Lumenera range. I doubt you will find them available here in the UK, unless that changes.

Steve

You can order Flea3 via Point Grey store - http://www.ptgreystore.com - or via local Point Grey reseller (there is a British one somewhere).

Isn't PG a canada/us shipping only company - says at the top or do they send world wide? Also i have a laptop that isn't capable of taking the pins required for the lead - hear only macs can take them - can this be worked around or do they have a USB camera. I'm a planetary imager - primarily Jupiter - i wouldn't want to get the incorrect flea!

That's odd. The shop was AFAIK global. For planetary imaging choose a ICX618 camera (those are best) like DMK21AU618. PointGrey also has such cameras (Firewire 800 or GigE - Flea 3), but for pure planetary imaging that fast interface isn't needed (handy for bigger, lunar/solar cameras).

Within Europe there is also Basler and IDS Imaging that have some cameras used/usable in Solar System astrophotography. If you want a camera good for planetary and lunar/solar then IDS has few.

Archived