Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

CCD Camera

joeWyncoll

Having now had an opportunity to re-read the review, in summary it would appear to be pretty good value for money especially as it can be used for multiple tasks - Lunar and planetary imaging at an impressive frame-rate, an ST4 port for autoguiding at some time in the future and the Peltier cooling for a first exploration into deep sky imaging.

If deep sky is your main interest then I'd give this one a miss as the small sensor would limit the number of objects suitable for imaging .

Well, QHY IMG0H is rarely used so don't just judge by one source. It's a planetary camera with ICX618, but it also has cooling and ST4. It can do typical long exposures for DS imaging (but the CCD is very small for this), it can do guiding, and also planetary - but it's not very handy at that - you need to set the best for your camera FineTune settings, and you have to use QHY ezPlanetary (FireCapture supports them, but that wasn't widely tested).

If it wasn't delayed multiple times it could get more popular, but those delays allowed DMK21AU618 to be released before it (and that + better software) wiped out interest for IMG0H. Some time ago I was thinking about choosing one of them so I've contacted few "early" users and they weren't very happy with it (pure planetary usage), some even moved to TIS or PGR... so I got DMK :) In general it works (or at least it should) but somehow nearly nobody is interested in that. For guiding other cams win and for pure planetary the same.

Manual is on http://qhyccd.com/cc...hp?topic=2803.0 and bit technical review (non-English) is on http://canaryastro.w...apps/documents/

Archived