Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

W/C 24th September

swamp thing

Well for me its whenever I can which is far less than I would like. I'll leave it to the more regular contributors to answer.
I was up there last night from about 8 until about 10:30. Viewing was atrocious, full moon and light loose cloud at high altitude. Just about got Uranus and Neptune but no color and to be honest they looked like small bits oif dirt on an EP it was that bad. Very slight blueis/green tinge on Neptune but Uranus being so close to the moon meant its howed as just a point of light and a faint one at that.

I had to get the scope out in lewisham last night, as I was working.... (Technically working, I was getting paid without doing anything :D) I managed to see Jupiter for the first time and all four moons, with clear rings! An impressive feat,

considering I was in a floodlit railway depot, and all credit goes to the scope. I also saw Uranus, however it was no more than what looked to be a very circular star, witha blue tinge.

But all in all a good nights viewing, but had to call it quits at 2am as I was freezing my nipples off!

Archived