Skywatcher Eyepiece Offer

I think the general consensus is that this kit doesn't really represent very good value for money. The Revelation eyepiece kit is better, although you may be better off using what you have for a while and then buying a couple of good quality eyepieces instead, when you have a better idea of what you actually want.

I see you have joined our local observing group forum, check out the meetings section, you can get a look through our scopes and find out what range of eyepieces you will actually use, you will find that most of the eyepiece kit will stay in the case and you will end up with a few favourites.

The Skywatcher kit is not the greatest to be honest. Others like the Revelation one have better quality products in them but even then there will be some items that don't get used so the value for money is diminished.

Probably better to have a few goes with the scope then consider upgrading / adding accessories that will be of real value to you and make a meaningful improvement.

I think the general consensus is that this kit doesn't really represent very good value for money. The Revelation eyepiece kit is better, although you may be better off using what you have for a while and then buying a couple of good quality eyepieces instead, when you have a better idea of what you actually want.

Yes, someone (Ganymede12?) asked about it a week or so ago. I don't think it really looks like that good an offer for what it is. The Revelation kit is pretty good if you think you'll make good use of all the eyepieces and the barlow (and that isn't guaranteed), so I'm with Andy on this one.

James

hairy if you can get to harpenrigg next clear night i'm planning to get there [work permiting ] i have the revelation ep set so you could try them out [i had a few skywatcher ones and found the revelation set a bit better and they come up for sale on astroboot and AB and sell every so often but i would try the ones i have first

ps geoff from dunfermilne is on uk astronomy buy and sell and may have some eyepieces for sale worth an email to him

Archived