Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

eyepiece storage ?

rory

got to get some more foam as my e/p 's change. but im wondering if anyone cuts the foam to take the whole actual bolt case ? rather than fitting the e/p within alone with just end caps ? is it pointless storing e/ps in a bolt case and then within the foam to ? i suppose they can rattle about in the bolt cases .

i really need to start thinking about an eyepiece case,something big to hold several ep's,a powermate,finderscope and several filters and adaptors.was looking at a Vanguard 13S http://www.supaprice.co.uk/p/result.jsp?ga=uk9&q=vanguard+case or something similar and then as ep's change i would likely just swap the bits of foam rather than purchase a full piece,unless it was fairly cheap

got to get some more foam as my e/p 's change. but im wondering if anyone cuts the foam to take the whole actual bolt case ? rather than fitting the e/p within alone with just end caps ?

Yes, you can see that in the third post in the eyepiece case thread

http://stargazerslou...ye-piece-cases/

All but two of my eyepieces are stored in my eyepiece cases with only their end caps

The Maplin aluminium flight case is almost the standard SGL eyepiece case.

I built a drawer under the warm room worktop, it measures 34" wide, 19" Deep, 3" high split the drawer in 2 down the middle, searched Amazon for some Foam and found a lump the Drawer on Metal ball bearing runners comes out 16" and will take 25KG cost around £15 for the foam and runners the wood (Oak) i had in the workshop.

DSC_9424.jpg

Archived