Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is this Barlow worth...

Tom2012

I think that barlow is decent. The TAL 2x is probably a bit better but is hard to find sometimes. I tried a Revelation 2.5x barlow for a while recently and was quite impressed with it. All these are in the £30-£40 price range.

I think that barlow is decent. The TAL 2x is probably a bit better but is hard to find sometimes. I tried a Revelation 2.5x barlow for a while recently and was quite impressed with it. All these are in the £30-£40 price range.

I will mirror what John h s said, very good barlow. Not much in it between the TAL and the SW.

Mine came with my 127 SW mak, even though it was not advertised anywhere, I would perhaps wait to see whether one is included with the 200 before purchasing one, or perhaps ask. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the views that the SW provided, don't get me wrong the TAL is the better barlow, but there is really not much in it on an average night of seeing.

Hi, i'm also looking for a good 2" barlow which can hold my huge ep's like 14mm 100 ES

any idea?

Depends on your budget. The TV Powermate 2x 2" is superb but costs accordingly. At the other end of the scale the Revelation 2" 2x ED barlow is supposed to be good for the £40 or so that it costs. I used to use an Antares 1.6x 2" barlow with my Ethos eyepieces and that was very impressive.

I hope you have a strong focuser !

Don't want to hijack Toms 1.25" barlow thread though.

Many telescopes come with eyepiece and barlow kits, although of course not every. Are you 100% sure yours will come without a barlow? Because if it does, it's likely to be either that one or very similar.

I'll drop them an email in a bit. Thanks for the heads up mate!

Tom.

Archived