NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SW 5mm replacement.

SmokeyJoe

I'm going to upgrade some kit at Christmas and after the time it took to research what scope to buy I thought I'd start researching now.

I thought i'd start with the supplied SW 5mm that came with my 200p, its not as bad as I thought it would be after reading some of the comments but even I can see that it has some issues.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Both above suggestions are good EP's. The Pentax lens is exceptional but is about £140 more expensive than the Meade lens. The Meade is a very good lens especially considering it's price point.

I'm quite a fan of the TV Radians in the shorter focal lengths. The price for Rad's falls between the Pentax and Meade EP's and the quality is what you would expect from Televue. On a tighter budget, TMB Planetaries are well respected and the Vixen NPL's also have alot of fans :grin:

For £100 a second hand TV Radian is within range as are new TMB's and Vixen NPL's. If you could find another £16 you could get a new Meade UWA EP or a Meade HD-60

All good quality lenses. The Radian and Meade HD-60 offer 60 degree FOV (the Rad has better eye relief) and the Meade 5000 UWA has 82 degree FOV. The Vixen and TMB have around 52 degree FOV. There are other brands around that are good too which I'm sure will be suggested in short order :grin:

Archived