Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Phd guideing issue.

redfox1971

Hi i seem to have a problem guideing,my telescope is a celestron cpc800 on a heavy duty pro wedge,i start by doing a eq north align useing eq 2 star align i then select a star low in the south and do a polar align,align mount useing my dslr and apt software,i follow the instructions and then adjust wedge to centre star,next i start phd guideing i am useing a qhy5 on my guidescope useing a st4 cable,i start the calibration and it takes about 21 steps each direction to calibrate and start guideing it dose seem to track across the centre roughly but when i take images of 300secs i get slight star trailing,i have noticed if i select north and not auto i am getting almost near round stars,what dose this suggest? is it maybe a backlash issue on the scope,dose it mean i have a problem on alt-dec up-down on the scope,i do have the scope balanced,was thinking of trying celestrons pec tool,any help welcome.

Archived