Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon pics.

DazC

I modded the same camera a while back, how did you find focusing & getting the light levels adjusted ok? I only ask as mine was a real pig to do on Mars earlier in the year although after 2 hours I did manage to get this;

Capture19_03_201220_29_01.png

I went back to using the Phiips in the end as it was a bit more user friendly.

Hi Tich,

I'm not too sure about changing the light levels or the focus on the camera. As you may be able to tell on the pictures, they are slightly out of focus and over exposed.

I was able to reduce the over exposure using Gimp2, but only a little bit.

How did you adjust yours?

D.C

Hi Tich,

I'm not too sure about changing the light levels or the focus on the camera. As you may be able to tell on the pictures, they are slightly out of focus and over exposed.

I was able to reduce the over exposure using Gimp2, but only a little bit.

How did you adjust yours?

D.C

I was using Sharpcap while recording many AVI's & the image I posted was the best I managed. I found the slightest tap of the slider in sharpcap could make the image over exposed & found it not very user friendly unlike the Philips I own. I did run it through registax & adjusted the wavelets a little to bring out a bit more detail but that was pretty much it. I may have a mess around with it later Photoshop just to see if i can make any improvements.

Hello DazC! Would you recommend that camera? Like the picture were its just a line of craters! Good photos!

Hi Tom,

TBH, i've only used the web cam twice so far, so i couldn't really say yes or no yet. I'm going to stick with it for now and have a play around with the settings a bit next time i use it.

I'll let you know how that goes.

D.C

I was using Sharpcap while recording many AVI's & the image I posted was the best I managed. I found the slightest tap of the slider in sharpcap could make the image over exposed & found it not very user friendly unlike the Philips I own. I did run it through registax & adjusted the wavelets a little to bring out a bit more detail but that was pretty much it. I may have a mess around with it later Photoshop just to see if i can make any improvements.

Thanks tich,

sounds like you are in the same boat as me on this one, i'll persevere and see what i can do.

D.C

Archived