Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best retailer to buy from and ship to Sweden?

Hi!

I have been saving up cash for a loooong time and now the time is here to finally get a telescope. My binos are getting worn out! :) My problem is when I started saving I checked out my options. The best option then seemed to order from Uk and that was possible. Problem now is that 2 years later when I got the cash, they no longer ship to Sweden. :)

So... I want a Skywatcher telescope. Non of the few swedish shops seem to have the telescope I want. I heard there are good retailers in Denmark and Germany that ships to Sweden, but I havent found any myself.

I am also thinking that is after all a lot of cash... How does it work if it breaks during shipping from another country? Or any other problems while the warranty is valid? Is it harder to get help when you bought from another country? If so, maybe I should reconsider to another telescope.

Any advice is welcome!

You could see if anyone from the UK is travelling to Sweden to bring it over for you?

A friend of the family is Swedish and she goes home on a fairly regular basis, hence the thought.

Failing that, FLO might be able to help? Their customer service is quite excellent!

TheThing

Hello and hejsan!

Out of curiosity, which Skywatcher telescope do you have in mind? I've mostly bought stuff from either astrosweden.se or teleskop-service.se great service from both companies. However, I recently got a small grab and go scope (Skywatcher Skymax 90) from teleskop-express.de (same as Teleskop-Service Germany) and they delivered it within three days. And the shipping wasn't expensive at all.

Thanks for the quick replies...

Well, me and my brother are going to share our money into a bigger scope instead of getting two smaller. So we are interested in the Sky watcher 300pds with a EQ6 pro mount. I have been in contact with swedish Teleskop Service earlier, but they dont have that scope on their website... When I started saving 2 years ago the easily cheapest option was FLO and they did ship to Sweden when I asked, but not anymore it seems. I have a slight slight possibility to get my dad to pick up from Telescope Service in Germany... But that is a long shot: he is a trucker and always short on time and he might get route changes at last minute.

After googling around, I found that danish retailer. Lyra.dk. Anyone bought from them? Good and reliable?

TheThing: Actually... My wife is going to a yogafestival in London last weekend in oktober. Maybe maybe she would be kind enough to pick up it up for me. But at second thought, its heavy so it would probably mean overweight and too expensive in the end.

I will check out Astrosweden!

Teleskop-Service Sweden might be able to run a special order even if they don't have the scope you want on the website. Just drop them an email. They're usually great to deal with. As to ordering direkt from TS Germany, it shouldn't be a problem either. Fast delivery, reasonable shipping costs and they've got great customer support as well. And if I'm not totally wrong, they do price matching within Europe.

I have had no problems ordering from Teleskop Service in Germany - excellent service, and generally prompt delivery. If you can't get what you want in Sweden, I'd give TS a call - they respond very quickly to email as well.

Archived