Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M31 again with long exposure subs

Starman

It was a bit misty last night and with the amount of moisture covering everything, I wondered if Selsey had at last succumbed to the sea! Not a lot of sleep this week so I decided to take it easy and try for an old friend again. Just to keep things interesting I decided to add in a number of longer exposures. Although I shouldn't have (because it will be binned in the end), while waiting for Mars I decided to join two of the images (10min + 15min) together by hand and see what was in there. This is the result of that join. I'll process the full collection (24 subframes, a mix of 15/10/5/2 minute images).

This preview is obviously a bit noisy but shows promise...

2007-09-13_M31_25min_PSP_1024.jpg

Oh Pete, that is so incredibly beautiful. I know you strive for perfection, and I know you will no doubt improve the image with the magic potions you have at your disposal, but if I created that as it is, I would be ecstatic.

By the way, when you say binned, do you mean as in 1x1 or 2x2 or the dustbin?. It's just that I am only slowly learning this art.

Art from your point of view, but huge mountain from mine. ;)

Ron. :wink:

I'd love to see the picture, which YOU think is perfect.

Marius

In knowing a number of creative, extremely talented individuals in astrophotography, glass pushing and telescope making I think it's fair to say that the "perfect image" you speak of will exist only in the mind of the artist in question. It will also never be achieved in the eyes of that artist. We must do our best to assure them that it is, in fact, as close as one can get.

A little analogy... If my imaging was described as a firecracker... Pete's imaging would be described as a Thermo-Nuclear explosion ! ... no ... a Supernova ;)

Simply Stunning image... (I'm not even going to go there with the finished article...I can't even imagine ).

Vega

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived