Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Air show pics from Sunday

OXO

Thanks Guy's,

The spitfire is my all time fav airplane with it's weath of fantastic recorded history and cheap to build machine being so effective.

Theres such a grace to this machine.

James

Astroman,

There were some nice symbolic formation's here too the F-15 was one of them hope to find a pic of it through my many images i took on the day.. They also did now the retired Concord..

James

one of my fav planes to see at an air show was the Vulcan - they used to have then every year at the southend air show, buit I don;t beleive that there are any still flying now - which is a real shame.

Ant

Excellent photos James. Airplanes/Airshows are my second fav hobby after astronomy, so great to see the photos. Haven't made it to one myself this year and to be honest not looking hopeful either. So snap away, next best thing for me.

one of my fav planes to see at an air show was the Vulcan - they used to have then every year at the southend air show, buit I don;t beleive that there are any still flying now - which is a real shame.

Hey Ant, your wish should be granted sometime in the next year or so. There's a Vulcan being restored to air worthy state. The project is quite far along now. I think it's completed it's engine trials, done a couple runs down the runway. Be fantastic to see one in the air again.

I remember going to Greenham Common in the eighties. They had the Vulcan, also the Buccaneer, Jaguar, Phantom and Lightning. A golden era for me, be great to see some of those in the air again (actually i think the Jaguar is still going just). The Lightning is one of my all time favs. There's a couple still flying but they are not allowed in British airspace i believe. I think because it's performance is still almost on a par with the current best.

My all time fav is the Typhoon. Complete opposite of the Spitfire. Not graceful, not streamlined, no finesse....just pure brute force, amazingly fast at low level, packed a massive punch and dreaded by all ground forces. Plus with the Tempest, pretty effective against the V1 Flying bomb.

Russ

9849luger-med.jpg A lugar plane..

This is the Harrier Banking..

9849Harriersilo-med.jpg

Next the harrier hovering..

9849Harrierhovering-med.jpg

I remember the Vulan bomber yrs ago when i used to goto the Woodford Airshow nr Manchester i think. Wonderfull sight and sound Big and looked like a Giant Moth Great!

Lancaster bomber is also a Fav of mine.

James :)

I suppose it's a shame for me cause I don;t know what any of those planes look like Russ, just about the only planes I actually know is the Harrier and the Vulcan - even the spitfire I'd have trouble identifying in a line up :oops:

I'm not really into planes that much - went to mildenhall air show, you got to give it to the yanks, they certainly know how to through a barbie!

Went there several times mainly for the burgers and the beer!

Ant

Archived