Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter Aug 31st PIPP repro

Space Cowboy

Ran the best avi through PIPP from the 31st. Quite please with the result of 4000 frames stacked using the "enable quality weighting" setting. Less noise has enabled me to produce a decent 150% (1.5x drizzle) image :

For any of those worried about rotational blur this was a 4 min avi at f26.

gallery_4016_230_24068.png

Prefer that redo Stuart. Think youve got the best out of it. The resize works well. showing more detail to my failing eyes. sharp, detailed and smooth. Quite a bit better i think than the first trys. Nice processing.

Ive also been trying The quality weighting on last years shots. Not sure if its helping. As Chris says no noise reduction will come from using it. But it maybe adding detail weight i am not sure ?

Ive been checking Pipps quality estimation against A/S2s when i run it through pipp first. It seems pretty close to me. Nice software Chris thanks for making it available to us all.

Wonder if its clear tonight Stuart. i am going to check, there is high pressure around

4 mins shouldn't be a problem at all as 3 mins is ideal at opposition IMHO, and Jupiter appears a fair bit smaller ATM than at opposition.

I can't understand why people are so afraid of longer captures?? If rotational smearing rears it's ugly head then there are two very simple remedies.

a. winJUPOS

b. Crop the video with Virtual Dub

Problem solved :)

Archived