Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mike's obs "the gathering"

MikeD

Hi all.

A couple of weeks ago I went to my local scrap metal recyclers to find some 6" tubing to make some new guide rings.

I ended up with the bottom part of a flag pole in two parts( so I could fit it in the car)

I used some of one half to make a set of guide rings( with enough left over to make another 5 sets )

The other half came with the flag pole base which was made of steal and extends 1 metre up the aluminum pole, perfect for a pier me thinks.

\All for £30.

Well the gathering continues.

My brother has a very good condition 8 X 8 shed but wants to get a bigger one( 10 x 8 ) so he has given me the

8 X 8 which is nice ;)

And yesterday while dropping my youngest at nursery school( which is in the grounds of the local comprehensive) I spotted a large pallet 16.5ft x 7ft 10.5" . after getting permistion, a crow bar, claw hammer and three hours of sweat (twist grip nails ) later.

I have ten 16.5ft x 4.5" x 1 & 1/8" and seven 6ft 10.5" x 3.5" x 4.5" timbers for the frame work in the obs.

So I now have a big shed, a pier and timber for the build.

Total coast so far £30 and that included enough aluminum tube to make at least 6 sets of guide rings( I have made two sets so far)

Below is some pis of the pier the wood and one set guide rings I made from the other half of the flag pole

I am chuffed .

Mike.

post-13376-133877331378_thumb.jpg

post-13376-133877331384_thumb.jpg

post-13376-133877331389_thumb.jpg

post-13376-133877331394_thumb.jpg

I think you did good there Mike. Anyone who has a penchant for DIY, just has to look around, It's surprising what you can find.

There is loads and loads of recyclable material being dumped avery day in the UK. It pays to keep ones eyes peeled, you can save a small fortune, you just proved it man. Good on ya.

Ron. ;)

Archived