Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

LDN 673

Mike Hawtin

Well done, Mike.

It's a tough object - only two to be found in Astrobin;)

Did you use flats?

Mark

Thanks Mark, I used 20 bias subtracted flats per channel, thanks too Yoddha and Gina. I am still wrestling with Pixinsight as a new user so there is probably a much better image in the data but atm this is the best I can manage.

So you are using Hyperstar with mono camera and filters? Great! How do you change them?

You can use dark structure enhancement script in PI. This will bring up dark nebula.

Mark

The HyperStar camera adapter is threaded for 1.25" filters, it is no big deal really to swap them over. I have an index mark on the Hyperstar body and a pointer on the camera/camera adapter assembly and just screw the camera back on until they are in alignment, it is only necessary to ensure that the point of alignment is initially placed to provide a firm lock. I do not get any noticeable rotational alignment errors.

Thanks for the PI tip, I will give it a try when my hair has grown back a bit.

Mike

Archived