Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Brief, minimal session last night

KevUU

...so my report is the same, but I thought it was interesting to comment anyway.

I was surprised by clear skies last night so I went out with just me and my iPad at about 2145. I simpy sat back in a garden chair and gazed upwards, and didn't even use the iPad in the end.

It was a really nice reminder of what got me into this, just looking up and getting lost in contemplative contentment.

Things like Lyra and Sagitta are nice because I've looked at doubles and DSOs in them recently which you can't even imagine are there with a naked eye view. On the other hand things like Delphinus (gotta stop calling it Delphinium!) just looks nice up there on its own, and I've always liked to trace Draco when conditions allow.

I was probably only out for a little over half an hour, but I really enjoyed it.

Yeah it's been a bit tedious - and the short nights only make it worse because unless it's the right days that happen to be clear I can't stay out late 'cause of work the next day... At least that's starting to improve, dark before 2200 last night :)

ETA:

...and I notice that brings me to 100 posts :)

I didn't like being a vacuum so hitting 10 way back when was nice, but I haven't minded being a nebula so this one crept up on me without me noticing. It must conveniently be about 100 days since I joined - some people seem to've ratcheted up nigh on 1000 posts in that time but I guess (like this observing session) my posting is a little lassez-faire and I lurk far more than I post.

Thanks to all for an enjoyable stay so far, especially here on this area where I do most of my reading and posting: you've all been very welcoming and helpful (and tolerant).

Thanks again, and clear skies :D

Nicepost - sometimes the simplest things bring the greatest pleasure! Forget the difference between focal length this focal ratio that and aperture and glass type and PEC and two star alignment and so on...its all about the sky and the stars in the end :).

i find when im out with the scope, ill be looking through the finder trying to spot something, and ill get sidetracked by the stars i can just see out the corner of my eyes. Thats my excuse to why i takes me so long to find things! its also worth looking at the milky way through the scope and just move the FOV around, just breathtaking sites.

And gratz on the 100 posts.

Archived