Equuleus - galaxy

mdstuart

Out hunting again tonight. Lovely clear sky and no moon. Some high cloud drifting past but otherwise perfect.

I found after a few other failed attempts the brightest galaxy in Equuleus...Its to the right of Pegasus!

NGC 7015 was a very tough object to pick up. It seemed to be circular and had a very low surface brightness. In pictures I see it is a distant face on spiral galaxy..

post-1454-0-00174400-1345417692_thumb.jp

It was discovered in 1878 by Edouard Stephan..Not Herschell..

Other galaxies caught tonight were NGC 7137 / 7454 and 7052..7454 was the brightest of the night near the bottom right star of the Pegasus square. It still required averted vision but was much easier than the others listed to pull out of the sky.

Very pleased to find a few more faint fuzzies..

Mark

Just looked ngc 7105 up on SkySafari... Well picked out Mark! :eek::cool:

I havent even tried to look at anything that faint yet.

Looks like Tuesday night will be clear down here so you've spurred me on to go on a little galaxy quest myself. :)

I'm glad you got some clear skies Mark - it was great up to around 11:30 pm here then the cloud layer returned.

NGC 7015 is a faint one - I could not get below mag 11 here tonight.

Goodo!

North Skye was clouds with a half an hour gap at 1.30. Grabbed the x15 bins , just had a good view of the Veil, which was glowing and a star count: 15 stars between Sulafat and Sheliak and 20 stars within Delphinus.

Hopefully might get another pocket soon.

Nick.

Archived