Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ok, own up, who's the one who had new gear delivered today?

Spec-Chum

@ lukeskywatcher,

I'm not 100% certain but I think the modern Chinese versions are 52* , and I think the old jap smoothsides are either 52* or 55* , I have the televue 55mm smoothside and I know that is 50* and I can get all the Pleiades in the field of view in my 12" F5 reflector.

Sent from my AWSOME iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ lukeskywatcher,

I'm not 100% certain but I think the modern Chinese versions are 52* , and I think the old jap smoothsides are either 52* or 55* , I have the televue 55mm smoothside and I know that is 50* and I can get all the Pleiades in the field of view in my 12" F5 reflector.

So in a 2" 56mm EP (the one you have) the FOV is only 52* against 50* in a 1.25" EP. ??????????

I'm no expert but i am thinking thats not a great sales pitch.

I might be wrong though because i've never used a 2" EP.

So in a 2" 56mm EP (the one you have) the FOV is only 52* against 50* in a 1.25" EP. ??????????

I'm no expert but i am thinking thats not a great sales pitch.

I might be wrong though because i've never used a 2" EP.

Yes but it s focal length is 56mm ( very low power) so the amount if sky it sees is huge , it has to be 2" to accommodate the big field stop , a 40mm 1.25" eyepiece is usually about 40*- 44*

Yes but it s focal length is 56mm ( very low power) so the amount if sky it sees is huge , it has to be 2" to accommodate the big field stop , a 40mm 1.25" eyepiece is usually about 40*- 44*

You're not kidding... if somehow that could fit without any barrel restriction on a Heritage (doesn't take 2" EPs), it would give 4.48 Degrees with 12x.

yep 40mm or above on a 1.25" is REALLY NOT A NICE EXPERIENCE.

well I got this delivered last week Friday

200mm_f4_GSO_9479.jpg

but no clouds for me here... guess it's little gps tracking device is still a bit lost... you guys do know that is the real purpose of the GPS in telescopes of late, rite?

Archived