Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

TELRAD CIRCLES IN STELLARIUM

Hello,

I have been trying to get the telrad plug-in to work and have got as far as getting the occulars plug in then got the small screen that has option to use telrad or ccd with the top line saying configure occulars.

I follow the advice of not trying to do it with the occular option is on.

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Aenima

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks man, Dont know if I tried windows mode (or know what it does, unless it is same as tapping twice on the outer box to minimise into a smaller window - still gonna try it) thank you. Had a lot of help from Johnc on the other thread of same name, then saw this one and had a chuckle, hence the dry comment. All in good humour.

Got the plugin, the configure box, the ep simulator works fine, but click on the telrad circles still wont work.

Cheers

Jay

If the Occular is installed, then press F11 to go into Windows Mode, the Alt-O, select the Telrad option, then F11 again to go back to full screen.....

Wah tried this but no luck. Ta anyways. :kiss:

Thank goodness someone else was puzzling over the Telrad ocular issue!! I spent a good few hours yesterday trying to bring it to the screen.

Tinker1947's instructions have just worked for me but why on earth does it seem necessary to go into windows with the reduced size Stellarium pane??

Interestingly I only just recently found out about the use of the F11 button - very handy!!

Jay - out of interest did you key ALT+ 0 (zero) or ALT+O (ocular) - this is the correct one - I made that mistake at first!! and have you got the lastest version of Stellarium?? - 0.11.03

Yeah, unfortunately everything seems to be up to date and I'm doing it all as explained above, just no red circles.

I found the 'telescope control' today, and read that it can simulate reticles including telrad, and that says to click -'nothing just use 'moving reticle' and explained the 0.5,2,4 fov entry under slewing a dummy telescope, this mentioned telrad circles -hence 0.5,2,4 degrees and i tried to "connect" a virtual telescope with telrad arc deg numbers and still could not get the red circles. I started losing patience then and reinstalled twice, it has given me the box that alt-o brings up and 'toggle telrad' option, i'm using windows already so F11 just shrinks the stellarium window to floating seperate then brings it back to full screen, it just seems like everything is in place except the actual red circles!

I cant follow code or what com port is what, so i try to leave that alone, otherwise two days of clicking and restarting and downloading occular plugins and new versions, trying all sorts of suggestions still hasnt worked.

What i do have is the ccd and occular eyepiece simulation, still............want circles!

Very frustrating for you!!!

I have just had a quick look at my settings to see if there is a clue there:-

1. Open stellarium and press F11 to get smaller window

2. Click in the Stellarium window and press Alt + O - Telrad toggle opens.

3. Tabs are as follows:-

General - Occular view - both are ticked

E/P's - I do have some in of my own

Sensors - left at default

Telescopes - I do have some of my own.

If I toggle Telrad on - the circles appear in the centre of the screen and by moving the background with the mouse I can centre the Telrad circles on the object.

Have any other 'gazers anything to add which may help Aenima with the problem??

Cheers Nibor.

Can I ask if your circles are red and clearly visible, as if I manually configure three virtual telescopes for fov of the three telrad circles I can get them to all line up and with the view settings set to show field of view indicators (something like that) three very very faint orange circles surround the stacked reticles too thin to see unless I tilt the screen and squint carefully, however when zooming in and out the circles expand and contract accordingly so, from what I can imagine, they're not the same as the telrad red circles as those are meant to stay a particular size?

And yeah I tried the f11 thing and have the box in top right, seems everything but the actual circles. I'll try download the occular plugin again...

Thank you for the suggestions ppl,

Regards

Aenima

I don't believe it has anything to do with F11 or being "windowed" as my Stellarium has the Ocular panel on the top right of the screen in full screen mode and windowed mode. In the Oculars setup there is an option to tick "On-screen control panel". I think you need to set up the Ocular plugin correctly for it to work. Here is the wiki: http://www.stellarium.org/wiki/index.php/Oculars_plugin

Much appreciated mallorcasaint, any advice is very welcomed as I think something is wrong with my program. I have the occulars plugin configured as on wiki and have tried many things but still no circles.

I even read up on the old way of using fov indicators set at 0.5' , 2.0' , and 4.0' but the thin orange lines hardly visible in good light, and with the control panel saying 'telrad toggle' its frustrating not being ables to see them.

Regards

Aenima

Have you tried uninstalling the whole programme and then downloading the latest version? My version is 0.11.3. Do you have the "on-screen control panel" option ticked in the "General" tab in the Ocular config panel?

Thanks Mallorcasaint - I have just taken your advice and now I have the on screen Ocular config panel !! - Much easier to use!!

Have you tried uninstalling the whole programme and then downloading the latest version? My version is 0.11.3. Do you have the "on-screen control panel" option ticked in the "General" tab in the Ocular config panel?

Yes to the above, unfortunately. Honestly tried everything so far suggested including ideas of my own as this is a plugin i desperately want - enough to reinstall windows itself.

Dont get me wrong i'm really grateful for all and any advice though this is day 3 of trying so pretty much all out of ideas.

Regards

Aenima

Heres my screen with the box top right, clicked on telrad with no circles.

I really have tried everything suggested, and even with my lack of tech skills I configured the plugin correctly, it just does all but the circles. Still.

Regards

Aenima

edit- actually it doesnt look clicked but i did click it :kiss:

No, it's cool, i'm glad you tried. I'm very out of ideas, and it seems illogical that it does everything except show the circles so I still trying 3 days later.

Thanks for trying though,

Cheers,

Jay

It is quite odd. I saw initially many people suffered the same issue so when the suggestions stated working I was hopefull but this seems like some more fiddly and a little more complicated, or more simple, who knows? I dont!

Still thanks for trying,

Aenima

Archived