NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ssw 10"

Congratulations on your scope Sam, it's what is known as the 'Goldilocks' scope - aperture nice and big but the size is just right in managing or transporting it. I should imaging your delivery will be a matter of days or perhaps a week at the most, so fingers crossed for good weather on its arrival. I trust your ordered some cloud filters with it? :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

James

thanks for the reply's looks like i made a good decion (about time).got some cloud filters of a kid from ebay his telescope is that good you can see 200ft of the moon and can use every day of the week!! if any 1 is interested in a scope from "scopes r us" 4" top of the range wobbly mount with plastic everything ep are top quality Bakelite with a play doe finder scope has treated me well perfect con (comes in a thousand pieces for easy storage not because i smashed it also has 600x mag9(STATED ON BOX), sensible offers please.it was a present i didn't buy it not that i new better.

on a serious note can any 1 recommend ep's and a dew shield (or a diy d/s) on a budget thanks

Hi,

Yes delivery is to be expected within a couple of days, my 250pds came on the friday after ordering on the wednesday so communication between FLO and OVL is very good,

Clear skies.

Kev.

on a serious note can any 1 recommend ep's and a dew shield (or a diy d/s) on a budget thanks

EP's will depend on your budget and how fussy you are about stars being pin pionts rather than slightly distorted at the edges. Being fast ( f4.7) it creates those distortions with cheaper EP's. I've started with cheapish EP's to see if it's a problem for me or not. I figure I can always resell on here or astro buy sell to fund an upgrade if needed. But if funds are less limited ( £100+ each) for you it may be better in the long run to go for EP's that suffer less.

Dew Shield - it was amazingly easy to make one out of a (black) foam camping mat I bought for £5. I am not a DIY sort of lady but it was just a question of cutting to size and then duck taping it together.

I'm sure you will love the scope, I do.

thank ,yea funds are limited but would rather buy a good e/p and build slowly than get cheap ep's do you know any that are "keepers"

i have a camping matt its blue but will try that and tesco do Velcro which i imagine would work does it have to be a certain lenght?

thanks for reply v.helpfull

Archived