Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ts hr 8mm

faulksy

got to try this baby out last night and what a wonderfull ep it is very comftable to use easy eye placment with no black outs and great eye relief, only tried it on the moon and im happy to report no false colour or yellow tint, not like the bst,s, compared it with my 9mm bgo and it had the same levels of contrast and clarity. i remmember when i had my 8mm bst which was great but it didnt seem like a 8mm was more like a 9 or 10mm compared to the 9mm bgo but this is deffinately like a 8mm and all for £45 highly reccomend will let you know how i get on with it on other objects

The TS HR Planetary eyepieces are the closest I've used to the original Burgess / TMB Planetaries. They are identical apart from the blue printed TS logo. While they are a little more expensive than the clones and so-called "TMB Planetary II's" they perform much better in my opinion especially on the control of light scatter which is important when viewing bright objects such as planets.

to be honest i was a bit concerened in the respect that they wouldnt be anywere near as good as the bgo but what i seen on the moon they were and ooze quality. for the record this was bought from bernard at modern astronomy and he has the full range in stock

got to try this e.p a bit better the other night and compared it with my bgo.s.tried it on a few globular clusters and in comparison to my 9mm bgo there was nothing in it very clear good contrast and and tack sharp of axis, next up was jupiter seeing wasnt great, sky was very steady but thin haze to my east could make out the bands easy and could see 1 barge but no detail in the cloud bands, tried the bgo 9mm and the 12.5mm and no more detail to be found. add to the ts that it has a larger fov and great eye relief it was nicer to use and could say that i would give up my bgo,s for a set of these. reccomend. regards mike

Archived