Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hexy 635mm byclops bino---altitude pivot mechanism

twinhexydan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy bent mirror,s , Peter,

Adaptive optic,s ?

Only a person of your calibre would think of a format that complex, I think we,re stretching it a wee bit associating Hexy with such advanced science , I,m greatly humbled at the suggestion even if it,s spoken in banter. but I understand the thought vain it provoked -- If only I had that ability , WOW ! What would I give to have seven 635mm mirrors in a hexagon formation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one in the middle and six around the centre one --all touching each other and all touching the centre one simultaneously ---that makes seven circles a perfect geometrical shape in 2d--hey am getting a bit sidetracked a little bit here , but would love to know how difficult merging more than two mirrors are ??

The mystery artefact does have an affinity with merging images . but the functionality of it is still the mysterious mystery-----for now !--------------------is it ?

Adaptive Dan

Hi steve ,

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ! interesting answer-------- you,re guess could possibly be exactly one seventh of the mystery artefacts function ?????? ------if it was applicable that is .--------

can the images be unevenly sized ????

Merged Dan

Hi Adrian,

Many thanks for the interest,

Making unsual things can be highly entertaining, non more so than in the world of astronomy, and as I,ve been entertained by forumers with their Diy marvels I thought it fit to return a little pleasure.

A secondary mirror needs adjusting in only two planes, but there,s nothing wrong with a multiple interface to do the job in rough or fine mode for two mirrors --but sorry--my secondary ,s don,t need too many control points--just 2 or 4 max --two for horizontal(left or right ) and two for vertical axis(up or down)

At the mo my secondaries are mechanically complete and don,t need additional mechanics---but --???

post-20973-0-74415200-1346963055_thumb.j

any more ideas forthcoming from the dark eyed bunch

Dan. The more I see the more I'm impressed look after your fingers saw a similiar accident once grinder ran up the guy's arm and about an inch in, cable caught and he pulled back and a very big ouch!!! but on a much happier note I have found some pyrex couple of small problems 1 we can't have it 2 would need a large helicopter to move it. Just returned from Herstmonceux Astro festival and they have a 4 ton mirror on show outside. Made in the 30s took 9 months to cool and still had problems check it out.

Archived