Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

webcam doubles

Did some wide doubles last week via a National Geographic magazine cam/webcam that came free with a sub awhile back. I removed the cam lens and just Bluetacked a EP adapter to couple it to my scope. Supplied USB lead couples cam to laptop for some avi vids or snapshots as here in Albireo, beta Lyr, alpha Her on Double-Double pic. Scope current efl ~1200mm so scale too small for later pairs eg unresolved but elongated. Faintest star recorded = mag 9.4 in frame rate/ exp ~0.2sec.

Took a little time to rotate/ orientate cam so E-W was horizontal in pics so PA measureable but not sorted image scale for 'separation'. :rolleyes: Anyone tried this approach?

post-21003-0-82354300-1344283813_thumb.j

Maurice, this was discussed previously: http://stargazerslou...gwebcam-issues/ Florent Losse's program is very good! recommended.

Yes Ken - I contributed to that discussion too and many [harware] issues therein remained unanswered. My NatGeoCam conversion proved the simplest yet and may get more into imaging. :tongue: What are your thoughts of dealing with a webcam's aggressive contrast with single small object [planet/star] against dark fov and fooling the AGC by fogging fov with weak LED[?] illumination ?

Archived