NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lagoon Nebula Attempt

Static030

Thomas,

That was taken with the 80ED.

The moon was rising when I was taking them.

Want to try and get the 200 up an running this weekend and shoot the same target, see what the difference looks like.

Nigel

It is possible to get the Trifid and the lagoon in the same shot with the ed80 if you get the chance just need to have your camera on its side to fit them both in. Great shot its a wonderful part of the sky. :smiley:

Yes, that's what I did :) Just need the clouds (and rain) to go away so I can get some more data! :D

That is a sweet birthday present.

I was basically testing my new guide setup, with the interest in the lagoon, but did not realize how "close" the Trifid was.

Clear skies pending, will definately give that a go.

Once you get the Lagoon in the bottom of your frame the Trifid should fit nicely in the top part, may take a bit of fiddling around but with my evostar ed80 and focal reducer it worked a treat. Wishing you clear skies and hope you get the pair together :smiley:

Good capture, static030. You say you haven't done any processing, I recommend having a go! If you use something to reduce the vignetting gradient, you'll find it much easier to process the nebula out. Also, have a play with the colour balance as currently it is very much on the red side of things. There are some good tutorials in the Tips & Tricks forum.

Archived