NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 7000 North America Nebula

Alnitak

That is a really nice image. I presume this is an umodded camera. You could try increasing the saturation and Red curve a little to give it some colour and bring the black point in a little.

Bags of detail captured there.

Carole

That is a really nice image. I presume this is an umodded camera. You could try increasing the saturation and Red curve a little to give it some colour and bring the black point in a little.

Thanks. Yes, it's an unmodded camera.

I did already tweak the saturation as much as I felt I could without making the rest of the image appear too red.

Great image :)

You could tweak the lower values of red using curves (set to red only rather than RGB) just to lift your red bits a little and it shouldn't change other bits too much. If you want to, that is :)

Great image :)

You could tweak the lower values of red using curves (set to red only rather than RGB) just to lift your red bits a little and it shouldn't change other bits too much. If you want to, that is :)

Ah, I see what you (and Carole) mean.

I don't think I can do independent curves in Nebulosity. I'll need to see if I can figure how to do it in Iris.

Thanks

Archived