Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light Imminent

After nearly a week I will be giving my new scope first light tonight. Sky is wonderfully clear. The scope has been outside for quite some time and I have been tweaking it here and there. (probably a bit too much, but It is all new to me, so I am overcompensating I know. Have been checking Stellarium and have a few things I want to see first. Everyone who own the C9.25 that I have spoken to says it is the bees knees, so I am waiting for darkness with eager anticipation.

See you on the other side. :grin:

Pretty dissapointing first outing for the new scope. Finally called it quits at 02-15. Wasn't the weather this time, but down to the scope dewing up bigtime so I couldn't see anything. What a downer:-(. I did have a dewsheild on, but I have read that big sct's are succeptable to dewing up. And to think I stayed up so long as I wanted to see Jupiter and by the time it rose up high enough so I could see it I couldn't see it as the front of the scope was all fogged up. Well we live to fight another day. I know it's gonna get better. Just a shame about tonight as it looked so promising weather wise.

Also, as I have started to use the scope now I have discovered a minor irritant with the powercable that connects to the motordrive. The plug has an anti pullout knurled metal collar that screws into the socket on the mount. Problem is that it is so small and the socket slightly recessed that I couldn't tighten it. Luckily it stayed in place, but i'll have to sort it out at some point otherwise there is no point in having it if you can't use it.

Also never having used a German Equatorial Mount before I found myself having to re-adjust the stardiagonal to make it upright so I could see out of it. Finally, should the mount clutch levers have some ressistance against them? I noticed when setting up that once you positioned the mount onto the markers in DEC and RA and the levers in the off position then started the motors running the levers moved by themselves. Is it a way of them self adjusting?

Archived