Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

couple of scribble's

rory

Far from scribbles, Rory! There's a nice amount of attention contained therein to not only form part of an excellent logbook but also to help and guide other observers if they wish to hit upon these objects. I see you were not too enamoured with M 73. I have read that it is very tricky to find being only made up of four stars in a row which don't exactly jump out at you, so I think you've done a very good job hunting her out. Of interest, did you do a little star hop from M 72 or go straight in for the kill? Of M 14, again, I haven't ever seen her, but it's meant to be another tricky one to find; an unresolved cluster not revealing her jewels to apertures 8" or less even under good seeing conditions. So, with these two Messier's under your belt, I think you did an excellent job the other night and thank you for sharing these with sketches with us :icon_salut:

hi qualia. yes i hopped down to m72 from albali then moved across to m73 , not among my favourites at all. i noticed theres a bunch of galaxies nearby also. but i wouldnt even waste time trying those at mag 14 and 15.

as for the drawings, im going to play with contrast and brightness, cant seem to get it right on the laptop. and i might try a couple of thin nib pens for stars.

thanks for your words qualia , clear skies mate .

i admire you guys that can sketch. i couldn't draw a circle with a compass. just wondering, do you take a rough sketch at the ep and finish indoors or is it all done "live"?

Scott

tried to touch up contrast and brightness, looks the same to me. oh well.

That looks a lot better to my eyes and its something that I do when I take photos of my sketches, just taking that extra bit of care when digitalising a sketch makes a big difference imo.

I also found M14 very tricky to resolve in my 12", could only make out stars around the outside of the glob but nothing in the centre, M10,M12 and M107 were similar in that respect, have you picked out M22 in Sagittarius yet? Thats a cracking glob! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived