Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Two XWs on the way

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to try a 5 or 7 XW, almost ordered one but held off as I had been planning to get a dew removal system to keep my scope functioning, took delivery of it a few days ago and its working great :smiley: I've kept my eye out for a used XW but they really dont come up for sale much if at all here, I hear the XL's are as good.

My 10mm XW had first light last night, being very honest I couldn't see any difference between it and my Ethos (and I'm really starting to love that EP!)

Hopefully try the 7mm tomorrow.

I have the 6mm Ethos and a 5mm XW and, with the exception of the eye relief and the field of view, the optical quality of the views are very similar.

I believe that the 10mm is considered the very best of the excellent XW series - the one I tried was certainly a stunning eyepiece but I did not have an Ethos to compare it with back then. It's light transmission and light scatter control seemed a little better than the Nagler T6 9mm I did own back then.

The only equipment I have held onto since I sold my two telescopes are my three Pentax XW eyepieces ( 30mm , 20mm and 10mm ) I bought the 30mm when I got my Flextube 300p and Equinox 120 on Steve's ( flo ) recommendation and I must say , the views through both scopes were superb. I then bought the 20 and 10mm eyepieces but have since sold my scopes and , I am ashamed to say, have yet to use the 20 and 10mm XW's.So , effectively , I am in the unusual position of trying to find a scope to complement my eyepieces.

Archived