NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

W/C 16th July

swamp thing

Hi All

Is there anyone still out there, does observing even exist? :grin:

Well it's the new moon this week so if we do get a clear one (yeah right) I'm going to head down to the dark site if anyone wants to join me?

There are rumours that we will see sunshine this coming weekend, seeing the night sky once a week cannot be too much to ask surely ....

Looking forward to going to a dark sky sight, later on in August.

Anyone seen anything of late? Apart from a brief (very) glimpse of M13 on Sunday night, I genuinely can't remember when I last got the scope out and had a good observing session. I may as well sell up and take up knitting at this rate! Work isn't helping at the mo either - I'm really restricted to Friday and Saturday nights.

Fingers crossed for a clear sky over the weekend. It'll be so good to get out again, even if it's just a quick sesh at RC.

Cheers,

Lee

Observing seems like a distant dream now.

They seem to think that the jet stream is moving north, so fingers crossed we'll get some observing in soon. It'll probably clear up just in time for the full moon :(

Aaaaaaaagh! :D

I really hope so Lee, getting a bit tired of cloud now. I expect we'll get the old summer haze for the next month :( cheery so and so aren't I :D

I'm busy tonight but tomorrows good for me if it does clear up.

Looks like we may have a few clear ones on the way starting tonight. :hello2:

The moons not to intrusive either :) anyone fancy a run down to Bignor?

Im easy on which night and maybe will do a couple if not everyone can do the same nights.

Would love to but can't. Desperate to get into Sagittarius which I can't see from home....but off to North Devon for a week. Taking the bins, but no room for the scope with family (and surfboards) jammed!

Archived