Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter occulation - called away, is grazing visible from Southport?

Had been planning on seeing this from home in Devon but now have to go up to Southport as Mum in Law been taken into Hospital. Not very serious but hubby is only son so need to be up there.

Wondering if worth taking scope ( no easy task ) but not sure - have done a lot of searching so far and seems full occulation will not be visible as too far north but unclear as to whether 'grazing' will be.

Not sure if 'grazing' is rare or impressive enough to make it worth the hassle of packing scope with all that is going on to get up there quite fast?

Should I comprimise and just take 500mm camera lens and tripod?

Can anyone help, advise etc.?

This link may help.

It's the same old story, you'll kick yourself if you don't take the necessary gear. If you got it with you you can use it.

Not very helpful I know, but it happens to me frequently.

Thanks Tony, sort of depends what the author considers north and south as Other maps show it being better to the south of them. Hence my confusion - different sites seeming to say differnt things - grrr.

Archived