Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Unedited Imagery

Magic

Hey guys :)

Would anyone be able to show me some of their Planetry, DSO etc astronomy images that have not been edited?

I really enjoy what people do to their pictures and i find it very clever, im just interested in seeing what people have managed to take simply just as what they see through the scope, I am a big fan of seeing it how the eye can view it.

Please, even if you think it isnt one of your finest images feel free to show me as i'd love to see!

P.S If it is in the wrong section, sorry i thought this would probably be the best to post.

Many thanks,

Magic.

Hi Magic.

This is my very first attempt at imaging just holding an old Olympus compact to the EP and using the LCD screen,with no flash.

There is no post processing on this image.

post-23363-0-99747600-1341324401_thumb.j

Thanks for showing me that, that is very nice!! :) I think you did a great job with that especially for one of your first ones. Thank you very much for sharing :)

This is one of my Saturns non edited along with the Moon. Saturn isnt very big and the moon is very similar to yours :D

Would love to see everyone elses as well :)

post-23268-0-92115400-1341334277_thumb.j

post-23268-0-18345700-1341334291_thumb.j

Problem with DSOs is they are very faint. Cameras are much more sensitive & imagers tend to photograph DSOs with long exposures to pick up the detail, therefore images are never anything like that which would be seen with the human eye. You are better off looking at the sketching forum.

Having said that, there was a thread some time ago in which people posted images trying to replicate the views through telescopes...

***rummage, rummage***

Aha, here we go: http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/102571-photos-v-reality/

Hey guys :) Would anyone be able to show me some of their Planetry, DSO etc astronomy images that have not been edited? I really enjoy what people do to their pictures and i find it very clever, im just interested in seeing what people have managed to take simply just as what they see through the scope, I am a big fan of seeing it how the eye can view it. ....Many thanks, Magic.

Can't answer your query directly but on another visual deepsky forum apparently my 1 - 10s CCD exps can mimic the view through scopes in 6" - 10" range. These are extraordinary brief exps so in my 1m-5m exp range I'm challenging the view through a 40" scope under very dark mountain skies with only 1/10th the collecting area via my 12" SCT in LP suburbia. CCDs are orders of magnitude more sensitive with brief exps than the eye operating at a fixed ~25fps :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you a lot for those great reply's! Sorry about the late response. Shibby that thread was very interesting too, answered a lot :) I realise there will not be much detail at all. I just get a real thrill in seeing it as it is through the eye piece :D thanks for the responses though everyone :)

Archived