Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ngc 6888 first light with the quattro

ultranova

Hi Every one, a few gaps in the clouds last night in Essex gave me the opportunity to finally get to try out the new scope (been in the loft for three months), the picture needs allot more subs, but I was lucky to get any thing, with the moon out and gusts of wind and the usual neighbours security light and orange glow that is always there in the night sky.

Its been 23 years since I have had the pleasure of using a Newtonian telescope, I usually use a 80 mm ed refractor so the 8 inch F4 Quattro cf sky watcher was a little tricky to get my head around at first but got there in the end.

this photo is a combination of 9 two minute frames on a canon 1100d unmodified at 800asa, the mount used was a eq6 pro, the field flattner was the mppc, for guiding I used the synguider.

There is a little bit of coma in the corners but not to bad, also I think that I should have re looked at the focus just before taking the shots as it appears to be a tiny bit soft, and do some of the stars appear to be a little bit to red for some reason, never got that with the Refractor, or is it just that part of the sky ? software used was DSS and PI.

Overall I was pleased with how it came out, it would have been even better if the camera was modified , and once I have saved up the pennies that should happen soon.

All criticisms welcome,

Thx Paul.

post-23517-0-07085900-1341170804_thumb.j

That's remarkably good for the short exposure time. I'd have a look at the colour balance. The green needs cutting back , I think, because the background sky is very green. Just use Levels, if you have Ps, and in the histogram try to get the top left hand side of the peak to line up in each colour.

Olly

Hi Olly, I dont have Ps but i used scnr in Pi to remove the green tinge that was over the picture thanks for that, it was not untill you said about it i went back and had another look and there it was.

Thank you for the feed back Paul.

Ngc 6888 with green cut back,

post-23517-0-97451000-1341176832_thumb.j

Archived