Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Congratulations Kai! Our New Global Moderator

This may be a stupid question (probably) - but what does a global moderator do? Does he observe the World, moderating potential conflicts between nations? Does he sit on a big, white cloud, surveying the SGL landscape below, passing out wise judgements.

Yup that about sums it up :lol::grin::D:grin:

All apart from the passing out wise judgements :wink:

Mods have their own areas of moderation (ie Lounge Lizard) in which they can move posts , edit etc etc.

Global Mods are just that....they can moderate any board.

Thanks for the congrats btw :D

HTH

Steve

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may be a stupid question (probably) - but what does a global moderator do? Does he observe the World, moderating potential conflicts between nations? Does he sit on a big, white cloud, surveying the SGL landscape below, passing out wise judgements.

Yup that about sums it up :lol::grin::D:grin:

All apart from the passing out wise judgements :wink:

Mods have their own areas of moderation (ie Lounge Lizard) in which they can move posts , edit etc etc.

Global Mods are just that....they can moderate any board.

Thanks for the congrats btw :D

HTH

Steve

Gosh .... the power , the power. Does this mean we have to buy you Mods a drink at star parties? Or do you buy them for us? :lol: Even better.

Thanks for the info Kai ..., I learn something new every day .. now I know what a Global Moderator does. And all joking apart, SGL is the best Astro Forum I have come across, you seem to have built up an astro Forum that is welcoming, informal, informative and amusing, so all you Mods do a great job.

Tom

And all joking apart, SGL is the best Astro Forum I have come across, you seem to have built up an astro Forum that is welcoming, informal, informative and amusing, so all you Mods do a great job.

A lot of it is down to the members such as yourself Tom :D

As for the drinks, I'm afraid it is the members that buy them for Admin :lol: (You have to fight it out with the Mods!!) Will we see you in Kielder???????? :wink:

Sorry Steve,

I missed this one ...

May I formally congratulate you on you new appointment.. :wink:

Well done..

As for the drinks, I'm afraid it is the members that buy them for Admin Very Happy (You have to fight it out with the Mods!!) Will we see you in Kielder????

Does that include the orange people.... 8)

And all joking apart, SGL is the best Astro Forum I have come across, you seem to have built up an astro Forum that is welcoming, informal, informative and amusing, so all you Mods do a great job.

A lot of it is down to the members such as yourself Tom :D

As for the drinks, I'm afraid it is the members that buy them for Admin :lol: (You have to fight it out with the Mods!!) Will we see you in Kielder???????? :wink:

Only at Kielder on the Saturday, I am afraid - I was a bit late in getting myself organised and all the electric hook-ups had gone. So I will drive down on Saturday morning, stay through to tea-time and stay around half the night if it is clear. Really keen to see the new observatory.

I will stick the LX90 in the car if the weather report is favourable.

Tom

Archived