NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Observatory Manager Job Vacancy

simon hicks

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, after getting an interview that felt like it went well my fingers were crossed but I was unsuccessful - I hope it was one of our own that got it.

The facility looks superb and is ready ahead of schedule - just waiting its dome and kit fit out.

Will be excellent when open - sigh.

Regards

Rob

Well, after getting an interview that felt like it went well my fingers were crossed but I was unsuccessful - I hope it was one of our own that got it.

The facility looks superb and is ready ahead of schedule - just waiting its dome and kit fit out.

Will be excellent when open - sigh.

Regards

Rob

Sorry to hear you were unsuccessful, but well done for getting an interview. You got further than me anyway - I didn't hear back at all.

The project is so exciting and I can't wait until it opens. I am certain to pay it a visit.

Andrew

Ah, I kind of have a confession to make Rob, my friend came to stay with me a few weeks ago after just finishing is Astro Phd in Canada. I told him about this opportunity and how I would love to go for it if my situation was different. I told him that he should go for it because he'd be excellant in the role. Basically he's a really great guy who everyone immediately likes and he lives and breaths both amateur and professional Astronomy, he's even had a double page article published in Astronomy Now back in the day. Well, I found out the other day that he got it! which of course I'm very pleased about because he's a good friend, although I'm obviously partly responsible for a number of SGL members dissapointment which I am very sorry for. I guess I could have not even mentioned this at all but I weighed it up and thought it might help more than harm to know that the guy who got it was at least worthy, which I'm convinced he his. I'm sure it must have been a really difficult decision for the interviewing panel. I'm also very jealous if that helps any:)

Chris

Hi Chris

Me too - I'm glad it's gone to someone with a passion for the night sky not a dry academic. As for an apology - don't be daft, whilst its a shame the best candidate got it - look forward to meeting him.

Regards

Rob

Archived