Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Funny where our pictures end up :)

Tim

A little while ago I posted an image of M97 on here, and a couple of related facebook sites.

While testing some web software at work today I had cause to google my own name, and a whole load of blog sites etc with my image on came out in the results.

For instance: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/astronomy?before=1337222769

Have a try yourself, you might be surprised how far your pictures travel in cyberspace. I certainly got more likes and reblogs than I did on SGL :D

Cheers

Tim

Wow, good call.

I googled my name put it in the images section and a few have come up mainly related to SGL or flickr, S@N type of thing that is my own doing.

But I found one of mine here, it's the daylight Moon/Jupiter shot in the last post.

http://rotter.name/k.../olam/15154.php

Anyone want to guess what that's all about? Is it in Arabic?

I think they must of got the pic from Spaceweather as it made the home page there.

No it isn't arabic, it is Hebrew!!(yiddish) ;)

shalom, Den.

Psst...

Hebrew and Yiddish aren't the same thing ;)

Hebrew is the language of Israel and the Jewish religion. Yiddish is a type of German originating with the Ashkenazi Jewish population and is a fusion of some regional German dialects, Hebrew and Slavic and a wonderfully expressive language in it's own right. It's sometimes written using the Hebrew alphabet though :)

A gezunt ahf dein kop :grin:

Psst...

Hebrew and Yiddish aren't the same thing ;)

Hebrew is the language of Israel and the Jewish religion. Yiddish is a type of German originating with the Ashkenazi Jewish population and is a fusion of some regional German dialects, Hebrew and Slavic and a wonderfully expressive language in it's own right. It's sometimes written using the Hebrew alphabet though :)

A gezunt ahf dein kop :grin:

I stand corrected.;)

Interestingly, when I posted this one up, I put a copyright line with it, and in the main that has been kept. I haven't bothered in the past, but will in future I think, assuming the sky ever clears again :s

I just googled myself and apparently I am an American actress. You live and learn as I certainly don't get asked for autographs when I'm out and I would love to know where they have hidden all my money because its not in my bank account!

Archived