Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Leo Triplet

Domis

Here is the Triplet from a session with a window of oppurtuniy which only allowed 10 - 3 minute subs at ISO800. Captured using an ST102 and Canon 1000d. Lots of practice processing in PS after stacking in DSS. The processing I find to be extremely frustrating but I am now at the point where I just smile to myself and shake my head a few times and start over when I completely blow the processing. The aformentioned occured several times while working with this image. Ok, I'm done feelling sorry for myself. Back to reading and tutorials.post-13310-0-03147800-1340245928_thumb.j

Nice image and a great start :)

We've all been frustrated by the processing - you just have to stick at it and remember all those duff goes are all good experience and help you learn :) After a lot of practice, I think I'm just beginning to get on top of it but there's still a long way to go. Just persevere - the results will come and are extremely rewarding. Lots of goes with curves, levels and then contrast, colour balance and maybe levels and curves again and the image very gradually comes out and the colours come out. Then there's a lot more you can do with other adjustments and filters, layers, etc. if required. Having said all that, there's really no substitute for plenty of good lights plus darks, flats and bias. Good luck, it's a long and steep road but very rewarding :)

laser_jock,I definately have to look into that color range replace tool. I used the reduce blue violet halos action on this image but for whatever reason in this image it made little difference. You certainly were able to get rid of it using that tool. Thanks.

Gina,I suppose the frusration arises from not knowing that the processing steps being taken are the correct steps at the correct point in the procedure. Not being certain that the resulting image is the best that can be derived from the data is another maddening factor. I expect a lot more experience and a great deal more trial and error will alleviate most of the frustrating aspects in processing. Thanks.

Gina,I suppose the frusration arises from not knowing that the processing steps being taken are the correct steps at the correct point in the procedure. Not being certain that the resulting image is the best that can be derived from the data is another maddening factor. I expect a lot more experience and a great deal more trial and error will alleviate most of the frustrating aspects in processing. Thanks.
Yes, that's right. It's the usual story - practice makes perfect :)

Archived