Polar alignment EQ5

Hi people. I am going to have a play at taking some photos soon. I know my mount with a 200p isn't the best combo, but I'm going to learn for later in my astronomy career! Please don't shoot me down yet.

There is conflicting advice and each YouTube video seems to conflict with the last. What do you people out there do for polar alignment. (I have a polar scope)

Cheers

Carl

Just point the polar scope at Polaris, then swing the mount so the 2 constellations are in the same position in the sky and the polar scope, then adjust until polaris is in the bubble...this will give you maybe 2 minute subs, depending how accurate you aligne Ursa Major and Cass....

I have made my Polar Scope able to revolve 360° in its housing and aligned it with the axis of the mount, using Jason Dale`s Polar finder program, the mount is set up and the scope focused on the Pole star, I set the Polar scope FOV to the current date and time, as shown in Jason`s program, then simply adjust the Alt and AZ mount screws until Polaris is in the in the small circle, simples :)

John.

• 1 month later...

Archived