Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC7789 I think

mpeniak

Hi guys

I imaged this one yesterday from light polluted Plymouth. 5 min exposure of 30sec subs, ISO 800. Will get polar scope soon so maybe better results and a bit longer exposure later :D

Any advice most welcome.

Regards

Martin :)

1111_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

That is very very good martin. Fantatic sharp stars at the centre. You've got some star colour in there as well which I'm sure could be brought out some more using saturation and colour balance tools. There's a bit of star elongation at the peripheries but that is a feature of the scope rather than anything you've done wrong.

Great result! :D

There's a bit of star elongation at the peripheries but that is a feature of the scope rather than anything you've done wrong.

Thanks Martin for feedback. Can coma corrector be used to get rid of elongation please?

Martin :D

Nice going Martin, as MartinB says, really nice sharp stars at the centre, and some colour in some of them too.

I'm only guessing, but the 'reddy' glow towards the bottom half of the image, could be the light pollution you speak of.

Albeit, a pleasing image.

Well done.

Dave

Having been to Plymouth 5 times(working at devonport)and drinking all night at the Clipper,i think your images

are superb considering the light pollution you have to deal with. :(

Also could you tell me why all these girls in very short skirts are waving to me when i'm driving back from the Naval Base to my hotel in Plymouth :D:):(

Archived